In the opinion of the survey, this property appears to meet the criteria of the Seattle Landmarks Preservation Ordinance.
In the opinion of the survey, this property appears to meet the registration requirements established in the National Register of Historic Places Multiple Property Listing, Seattle Apartment Buildings, 1900-1957, for a low-rise apartment block.
This Colonial Revival style multi-family residence is in the Uptown neighborhood and known as the Delmonte Apartments.
Polk directories first listed the building in 1915 as the Del Mont Apartments. The building transitioned through a series of owners in the 1940s and 1960s. Floyd R. Clidfelter purchased the building in December of 1946. Toivo Hannin purchased the building in August of 1947. H. S. Peterson purchased the building in March of 1949. Joseph Golombeck bought the building in September of 1951. The building was sold again in 1962, 1965, twice in 1967 and then in 1973 Blaidon Incorporated bought the building. By 1976 Gordon Kunster owned the building.
This building retains a moderate level of integrity and is a good example of a Classical Revival style apartment building in the neighborhood.
City of Seattle DCLU Microfilm Records.
Jeffrey Karl Ochsner, ed., Shaping Seattle Architecture: A Guide to the Architects (Seattle, University of Washington Press: 2014), 2nd edition.
King County Property Record Card (c. 1938–1972), Washington State Archives.
Polk's Seattle Directories, 1890–1996.