Constructed ca. 1910, this one-and-a-half-story duplex bungalow fronts Sixth Avenue N. The site slopes downward from north to south. The building has a rectangular plan and currently functions as a multi-unit apartment.
A front gable roof shelters interior spaces. The front facade features a striking detail—three front facing gables and associated triangular knee braces, which is not a frequently seen composition in the neighborhood. Wood shingles clad the roof, which features broad eave and gable overhangs with exposed rafter ends. Prominent triangular knee braces support the gable end overhangs. Gable ends feature broad barge boards with narrow rake moldings. An exterior side wall brick chimney services the building. A single cross gable projects off the south side of the main roof slope.
A concrete foundation supports the platform frame structure. Clapboard with mitered outer corners clads the building. A water table wraps the building at the basement to first story transition with a prominent frieze at the first story to half story transition. Shingles clad the gable ends and the basement level. Shingles at the basement level are coursed in wide and narrow bands and have an outward flare in the courses just above the concrete foundation. Pairs of oriel bays (cantilevered) project on the north side, south side, and front facade, with rounded outer ends on the exposed framing below each oriel.
Windows consist of paired and single 1:1 wood sash units with transomed windows on the front facade, and a 12:1 sash in the front half story gable end. The transom portion features decorative muntins. Smaller single-sash casement units also feature decorative muntins. Mullions separate the paired units. Window openings have wood sills and casings.
Entrances consist of a recessed front porch and rear stoop. A front basement entrance provides access to the basemen level via a multi-lite wood sash door.
The recessed front porch features short piers above a low, solid railing, which is clad with clapboard.
The rear entrance consists of a recessed stoop off the northwest corner. An outer post supports the roof above. A low open railing extends around the stoop. A multi-panel wood door provides access to the interior.
Alterations include new front stairs, removing the former shingled cheek walls and replacing them with the existing railings. In 1930 the furnace room received lath and plaster finish. A former detached rear garage was removed.