Constructed ca. 1905, this one-and-a-half-story single-family residence features a rectangular plan and a four-square form. The building stands at the northwest corner of the intersection of Valley Street and Taylor Avenue N.
The site slopes downward from north to south. Sidewalks extend along the south and east sides of the lot with a planting strip along the south side. There are several trees along the east, west, and north sides of the house.
A hip roof clad with asphalt composition shingles shelters interior spaces. The main and dormer roofs feature a slight upward flare along the eaves. Hipped roof dormers project on the south and east roof slopes. The roof features broad, open eaves with exposed rafter ends. An internal brick chimney services the building.
The building’s platform frame is clad with wood shingles that cover or replaced the original clapboard. The foundation type is not known. A canted bay window projects off the front facade with a basement garage below.
Windows consist of 1:1 wood sash units with painted wood casings. Dormers feature 10-lite wood sash windows.
A direct flight of concrete and wood stairs lead up to the recessed front porch. A pair of columns flank the entrance. An outer 15-lite door flanked by multi-lite side lites provides access to the porch. Another inner doorway provides access to the building interior. Multi-lite wood windows above the solid porch railing enclose the porch. The rear entrance was not visible from the public right of way.
Alterations include extending the basement garage and the installation (by 1953) of the current flush panel garage doors. Wood shingle siding was added to either replace or cover the original narrow profile clapboard siding (installed by 1953). The recessed front porch that originally had an L-shaped footprint with columns extending along the east side was enclosed by 1953. The original front entrance railings were removed.