Constructed ca. 1905, this one-and-a-half-story single-family residence features a rectangular plan and a four-square form. It fronts Valley Street and there is an alley running along the west of the lot.
The site slopes downward from north to south. There are several trees along the east side of the house. A sidewalk and planting strip extend along the south side of the lot.
The building has a hip roof clad with asphalt composition shingles. The outer edges of the roof have a slight flare. Hip roof dormers project off the south and west roof slopes. The broad eaves are open with exposed rafter ends.
A concrete foundation supports the platform-frame structure. Clapboard clads the exterior walls with corner boards. The lower portions of the walls have a slight outward flare (giving it a battered profile).
Windows consist of 1:1 double-hung wood sash. All feature stile extensions at the upper sash along with wood casings and sills. Windows occur in single and triple groupings.
The front entrance consists of a recessed L-shaped porch with some remaining columns supporting the outer roof edge. The back door consists of a two-panel wood sash door with painted casings.
Alterations include the addition of a shed roof with translucent corrugated fiberglass panels added to the rear of the house to provide a covered outdoor patio area. Dormer windows have been boarded over. Previous work enclosed the recessed porch, added fixed-lite (horizontal) windows and enclosures at the upper portions of the columns. Windows along the alley facade have been boarded over. The front steps have been removed. The house originally had a recessed side entrance at the northeast corner of the house. Dormers originally had 10-lite sash windows.