This commercial building was constructed in 1965 for Cameron Film Productions, which was housed in the building through the 1970s, at least (Polk 1967, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1979). The space was divided into small offices, editing and sound rooms on two floors in the front of the building, with a large, double height studio space in the rear. The current tenant is Walsh Construction.
The building originally displayed some characteristics of modern style commercial design, including a continuous band of aluminum frame storefront windows with geometrically patterned sash. The upper story was clad in horizontal wood siding with vertical trim pieces extending from the top of the storefront windows to the flat roof line, creating a regular pattern along the primary, west facing facade. The building has been significantly altered. The storefront windows and siding have been changed and two new aluminum frame windows have been cut into the second floor at the south end of the building.
Based on field examination conducted in January - February 2014, this property exhibits poor physical integrity and does not retain sufficient historic building fabric or features to convey its history or potential significance.
R.L. Polk Company, “Polk’s City of Seattle Directory,” 1967 1969, 1971, 1973, 1979.
King County Property Record Card (1937-1972), Washington State Archives.