This building has been attributed a construction date of 1901, but the date has not been confirmed. The original owner/tenant and/or use of the building is unknown, but in the 1930s it was occupied by David Dow & Sons, a building machinery leasing firm.The current building owner, Electric Motors, Inc, a motor repair and distributor, occupied the building since shortly after World War II. It is currently leased as a business office.
Located in the former Seattle tidelands area, this building is associated with the historic development of the area as a transportation-related industrial manufacturing and commercial warehouse district. Especially between 1900 and 1910, the city experienced rapid commercial development and economic prosperity that fostered the outward expansion of the commercial core of Pioneer Square. The tidelands were filled through a series of successive grading and fill projects between 1895 and 1929, creating developable land that made the expansion of railroad and port facilities possible and fostering the development of the area for commercial use that supported significant economic progress of the city in the early 20th century.The building has been altered and does not retain the architectural integrity to be considered significant. (This building has previously been determined not eligible for the National Register by the Washington SHPO).