Home Page
Link to Seattle Department of Construction & Inspections home page


Summary: The purpose of this Tip is to clarify when a shoreline substantial development permit is required when renovating or replacing a verified Floating-on-Water-Residence (FOWR) or House Barge. This Tip also describes the submittal requirements for these two types of floating residences.

Date Revised: 08/08/2022

See all Tips