This is a nicely maintained example of Queen Anne cottage design with good integrity despite a recent renovation. It is one of a number of similar structures in the immediate vicinity and is very similar to the structure at 2716 E. Union Street, built the same year.
This is one of approximately 2,200 houses that are still extant out of more than 5,000 that were built by the end of 1906 in Seattle’s Central Area, Eastlake, First Hill, Leschi, Madison Park, Madrona, and North Capitol Hill neighborhoods.
A complete permit history, and a complete record of ownership and occupation have not yet been prepared for this property; however, B. C. Barnes apparently owned the house from 1927 until at least 1937. Kay Kimbrell acquired the house from the United States Government in 1984. The current owner has owned the house since 2002.
King County Property Record Card (c. 1938-1972) Washington State Archives
King County GIS Center Property Report (http://www5.kingcounty.gov/kcgisreports/property_report.aspx; accessed July 29, 2008)