This is a fairly typical, if well-worn, example of Queen Anne cottage design with fairly good integrity despite its tired appearance. It is one of a number of similar structures in the immediate vicinity and is very similar to the structure at 2722 E. Union Street, which was built the same year.
This is one of approximately 2,200 houses that are still extant out of more than 5,000 that were built by the end of 1906 in Seattle’s Central Area, Eastlake, First Hill, Leschi, Madison Park, Madrona, and North Capitol Hill neighborhoods.
A complete permit history, and a complete record of ownership and occupation have not yet been prepared for this property; however, Elsie Blue apparently owned the house from 1920 until at least 1937. It appears the structure was acquired by C. W. McLaurin in 1961. Michael R. Hilow acquired the house following a foreclosure in 1992 and sold it to Tiffany A. Knoeck in 1996. The current owner has owned the house since 2002.
King County Property Record Card (c. 1938-1972) Washington State Archives
King County GIS Center Property Report (http://www5.kingcounty.gov/kcgisreports/property_report.aspx; accessed July 29, 2008)